• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Water proof ignition

44CCKW

Was there a water proof ignition system avaliable for the M880 truck.You know,Like the M37 had. I've seen parts on E Bay that are said to be for a M880 shielded ignition.Is that what they are calling water proof??

Westech

CPL
I have seen what you are talking about. I think the caps were for shielding the ignition from the radio sets. Really the cost of the wires ($100's) would off set the "neetnes" of having the system. The distributor on the M880 is NOT water proof even with the cap and M type wires. More water resistant then stock but under no way able to be run under water.

dc3coyote

The shielded wires mean that it wont cause radio interference. The spark plug wires would creat a huge amount of static if you were trying to send radio signals while the truck was running.