• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m886 find

fallen

Can anyone advise waht a fair price is for a running 1976 m886? It's painted white and there is nothing in the rear except the long ceiling light.

Thanks,
Fred

Last edited by a moderator:

fallen

Don't you think I would have included pictures if I had them? Why are people so quick to be insultive? I was looking for some positive input, please if it can be positve dont reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont you think i would have included pictures if i had them why are people so quick to be insultive i was looking for some positive input please if it can be positve dont reply
Because your asking for a opinion on value of something ,to give a fair answer we NEED to see what your talking about . We are not psychic , Well except for CARNAC , but he is to busy getting people information on there trucks to do pychic appraisials anymore . So without seeing it I wouldn't pay over scrap price.

RealCavDog

Well, it does make it a bit tough to give an estimate of value without a bit more description of overall condition ! The variables are endless !

Not so sure it was meant as insultive, as just regulars hungry for more new photo material ! ( IMHO ).

Kind of why I jumped to the title of the post, the word being "find", as I am always curious as to whats floating around out there !

This was meant to be positive, a bit more information and I'm sure you'll get an idea of a price range. I myself am having the same issue with an old brush-buggy deuce in my area painted yellow, and guessing it's whatever I want to put into it to get it where I would like it to be.

Good luck !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the 886 as cheap as $150 and as expensive as $5000. I would guess it would be between those numbers, probably closer to the bottom as the back is stripped and non original color.

m38inmaine

I bought one locally for $750.00, original color, still had the patient racks, heater. Drove it home 50+miles. Later sold it off.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seems to be fewer 76's than '77's.
I've also seen them get the wrong model year on the SF97's so it could be a 77 ????????
They don't come around everyday, and the rear compartment litters are hard to find.
Fair price? screw it, does it look good to you? buy it.
$500 to $7500 fully restored

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks