• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886- Information and Location

ProjectM880

Hello Fello M880 Owners,
I own a 77 M880 and Now im on the look out for M886 to ad to my collection and use. I read some great information on the site about them especially comparing them to the Airforce W400. Which I would also like to fine one.
My question for yall Is where are you locating them to purchase besides craigslist? Ive found two- three in the last few years and each time they were on craiglist and each time my fund werent in a place to purchase. Im in the market for one now but I want to span out my search base a little. Im unfamiliar with the GSA Auctions and the procedure to bid and pickup. Are yall looking at local auction sites? Ive already posta a want ad on this site. But would love to hear where you guys look.

Any help would be great. Im currently only looking in TX due to shipping and transport cost. So any help on finds or if would like to share some more information about the M886 that would be great.

Glad I made it to the site.

Some of the trucks i own
1977 M880 4x4
1980 W200 Utiline 4x4
1980 W400 Cab and Chassis 4x4(Just a frame and Cab)
1983 W350 Crew Cab 4x4
1986 D150 Ram Custom
1993 D350 Cummins Dually

Lawrence of Arabia

I stumbled across mine sitting in a back lot of a guy going out of business. I feel real lucky to have found such a truck and I am not even a Dodge fan. Check out my pics in my profile. Sorry I'm not much help on where to find one.

penokeevet

Found mine on GSA. I think I might have paid too much, but everything has different value to different folks. Think I will sell mine, but I'm a long way from TX. Good luck hunting, if you haven't found one yet.

lostintexas

Craigslist and auction sites are your best bet. Those and sites like this will eventually pay off. Post in the WTB sections and you'll find one. It may be the friend of a friend who knows this guy deal but you'll find it.

Amer-team

My M886 came from behind a guys barn in 1999. He had bought it from the government auction a couple of years before. just put power steering on it and it is certainly more fun to drive now.

ProjectM880

I use Craigslist and Search Tempest a good bit. I've found a few good ones and a few bad ones. Its just about finding one with in range of me that is a good builder and not rusted up. thanks for the help guys. the search continues. I've started a few other projects so this one is on the back burner, But I'm always on the search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks