• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M890 im going to go for....

KsM715

This is getting old, fast. Please try to limit your "whats it worth?" posts to one per day. Especially if your broke and can't buy it anyways.

I know your young and excited about this stuff. But your going to drive away people that would otherwise love to help when you really need it.

Wy-m880

m890 as its a 2wd not desirable, if i had one its be parts for my 880 but your in minnesota its value under 500 to scrap price, sad but cold hard truth unless this is like under 20k miles or still in a shipping crate or an ambulance very unlikely, sorry dude its what it is, and as for my m880 wouldnt expect to get more than 1500 for it, 2000 if i threw in my parts truck, i keep it cause its different and its a dodge

Last edited:

axlr8

Ok I am pretty serious, and are the major parts to convert her with a 203 tcase and anew front driveline there? as in mounts? or is it not needed?

m880 unimog

my first military vehicle was a dodge M890-19 years later i still have it,it still runs,and i wont let it go-i,ve had it out in mud,but nothing serious-i t always got me there,i,d say go for it-offer scrap money,they can only say no.
the amount of work to convert it to a 4wd would not in my opinion be worth while as the 2wd has IFS.
get the m890 ,run it about learn your way round it-as you start driving it you,ll be suprised what turns up! my dodge has bought strangers up on the street who had military vehicles rotting away,and would be i be interested?
good luck with your dodge-they are great trucks-there really is something about them!!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I use my 2 all the time, they will do freeway speed+ smoothly , get better mileage than a M880 plus most all the parts are at NAPA except for the Y pipe. I use my M885 when the snow comes!
If you want a 4x4 wait for one.

Attachments

Wy-m880

all depends on rust, be aware of the army's fix to northern states rust is ROOFING TIN and ROOFING TAR is ridiculous, for rust proofing floor boards, but if want a 4wd, buy a 4wd, and if looking for a conversion then just buy a 4wd frame w/ powersteering, differences will be in steering shaft lenght and floor pan hump as far as body change, but really would be my idea would leave it 2wd and throw a transfer case in it it be a power house when needed but only 2wd and add dually rims to rear axle, did this to a 81 chevy 2wd one ton it would pull down a brick house in low range but had economy driving when in high

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks