• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915a1

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Fireman. I run mine for recoveries from time to time. They are a nice ride but the Hendrickson suspension will beat you to death. Usually takes me a day of rest after 12 hours in the cab. Your results may vary . . .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They are a nice ride but the Hendrickson suspension will beat you to death. Usually takes me a day of rest after 12 hours in the cab. Your results may vary . . .

I once had the dubious honor of driving an M915 from Fort Benning, GA to the National Training Center in California. As stated the spring ride suspension will beat your teeth out and make your kidneys hate you. I was more than happy to fly back on a C-5A.

They would make a great day cab tractor for short hauls. I have a friend that has a fleet of them hauling grain and seed.

Put a good air ride seat in it and it will help. Put air ride suspension in it and you can make some money.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once had the dubious honor of driving an M915 from Fort Benning, GA to the National Training Center in California. As stated the spring ride suspension will beat your teeth out and make your kidneys hate you. I was more than happy to fly back on a C-5A.

They would make a great day cab tractor for short hauls. I have a friend that has a fleet of them hauling grain and seed.

Put a good air ride seat in it and it will help. Put air ride suspension in it and you can make some money.

Hey--- don't forget that you also had the second dubious honor of driving one from NJ to NE........... heheheh

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Even my co-driver, Elmo D. Possum, got tired of that.
You ARE just getting OLD, you ONLY drove 1/3 of the NJ. to NE trip to NE., if you were a REAL driver, you would have driven the return trip like someone else did then drive BACK to NE..

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT and Wreckerman speak the truth and I'll add to it. The M915A1 is an excellent OTR tractor but it has its short comings. Tough suspension, little storage room, no A/C if stock, low top speed. I have 395s, A/C, and air ride seats in my M915A1 and it makes it a pleasure to drive at 65 mpg but will still jar your teeth out unloaded. It's my favorite MV to drive and I've had quite a few over the years. If you plan to buy one for work then it's a good truck just make sure it's suited to the job - ideally day trips with a load. Plenty of farmers love them for their non-computerized design, cheap-ish purchase (or once was), and powerful Cummins 400 under the hood.

snowtrac nome

I drove one in Iraq the suspension sucks, but there is no money in running unloaded. they are a great truck for dirt work hauling belly dumps and such what they are not is a otr truck, and the shorter wheel base will affect the bridge formula and will likely limit weight you can put on the axle group

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks