• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 EUC dilemma

lakeydna

I'm trying to get a M916 and have recently found out i cannot get an EUC because I'm not a citizen of the US, I'm Canadian. M916's are allowed to be exported to Canada so that's not a problem. I have to buy from a retailer and can't get one through GL. Anybody have any experience or ideas?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I don't mean to sound rude, but doesn't that answer the question on it's own? It's basically a matter of the US government won't sell to you. Perhaps another option might be seeing if someone private party would purchase and sell it to you and you handle the export?

lakeydna

It's not the government, it's GL and the other disposal sites of surplus. The EUC form can be filled out by a purchaser from outside of the country.

lakeydna

Also no offense taken. That's what I'm after, a US citizen to title it after if i win a bid from GL. I can export it to Canada after that.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is not in the export business , they sell to US citizens , then if the citizens want to deal with government regs on export it's up to them. Plus it creates jobs at the companies that will export .

lakeydna

I'm not trying to offend people and i get the jobs aspect, i buy 70% of my parts from the united states. I'm just looking for a M916 for a toy, personal use, just like a hobbyist. I've bought a M812, and a couple of M931a2. They are fun to drive and show.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gl has enough problems selling to US citizens and getting it right . If they got into the export end of it you probably wait a year or more to even get close to getting what you buy ,But they would take your money within 24 hours of the auction.

I think Aldelmans in Ohio has a couple 916's and they export.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Patracy said is probably your best bet, find someone willing to go through the hassle of buying one from GL and then exporting it to you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The EUC is for END use, buying something that is NOT allowed to be sold out side the U.S.A., to sell to a NON LEGAL (NON-CITIZEN) buyer, could get the GL buyer in jail, a EXPORTING dealer has the proper LEGAL standing to deal with the state departant, DOD, and any other agency needed to sign off on the EXPORT. You can buy from a private seller and import and deal with the import crap IF the item can be sold to a NON-CITIZEN, if not then find a dealer that can export.

To try to get round U.S.A. laws, no matter how stuipd some are is a insault.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you read the EUC it asks what the End Use is and it can be for resale or export. I can buy one and sell it to him if I do the paperwork.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you read the EUC it asks what the End Use is and it can be for resale or export. I can buy one and sell it to him if I do the paperwork.
EVEN when the sale states "can not be sold to a non-citizen" as most EUC
sales state ??

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, instead of checking box "c" you check box "d" where it says it may be exported.

Then in SectionIV 2. You must get authorization.

trukhead

yes what they said plus you can put the end user's Id on the form somewhere in the checked box area.

that way you are approved.

you are best off doing it by the book so when you get one it is on the up and up.

Now find someone to bid on the truck.

KsM715

The US Gov. stipulates what equipment has to have an EUC, not GL. Your best bet is to find someone or some dealer that has an export license. They will already have all the paperwork done. There are way to many "what-ifs" that could happen when you find another private party to bid on and then win a truck for you.

Carlo

Welcome to the club! Its a daily battle for me to get parts from the US even from dealers. Forget GL but even many dealers wont help. I need a fender for my M35A2 and cant get it here.

Johnny1timer

I have 3 M916's available for sale right now. Call Eddie at (601)876-2166. My titles will be in any day and I sell through our dealership in Mississippi if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks