• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M919 pickup needed at Lansing MI

reb87

I just bought a M919 concrete truck at Lansing Michigan on the gl auction. Is there anybody who would be willing to get the truck and store it so I could get it after harvest? They say it dosent run and has no keys.
Thanks, Ross/Nebraska
Here is what the auction says:
1979 AM GENERAL M919 MOBILE CONCRETE TRUCK, CAT 7155 DIESEL, 16 SPEED TRANS MANU BY CHELSEA, MISSING PUSHER AXLE TIRES, DOES NOT RUN, NO KEYS, 100 MILES, BUYER LOADS

Attachments

M1075

Nice acquisition Reb! I was watching those but I ended up bidding on the M918s in Louisiana. I did end up with a spare tranny if you need it.

M1075

You will like having the horsepower, the 75,000 GVW, the 16 speeds, the exhaust brake, the air brakes, etc. etc.

Here is a picture of my M919 with HEMTT 2500 gallon tank sitting on it. The exhaust sounds great (Especially the engine brake!!!) through that chrome stack. I'll probably add another one on the driver side.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
Now I don't want to start a war or mean to piss you off Reb, but I'm seeing a lot more and more of people asking to get stuff moved after the auctions. Hey that's all fine and dandy but I hope everyone has a first line of attack before asking after the fact. You do know there can be a time limit to have the stuff removed from the lots, and if not done there may be fines or total loss of items? Most of you know I have been trying to get a Cucv for a while now and yeah me not being able to form a plan of action has stopped me from winning some cheap Blazers. It's like my pop says, plan your hunt, hunt your plan, and you can't go wrong.

Thank you I'm here all week.

ssgtwright-usmc

Well, I am glad to see that other members are willing to help other members in need. Nice win!!!!!
Glad to have that (transportation needed) as a thread as it is a useful tool.

Armada

CCATLETT1984 wrote:
Armada might be able to pull it with his 5ton.
It would be a big load for a 5 ton. The M919 weighs about 37,000#. It is a BIG truck!
Sorry. Yes, that would be a 'bit much'.
Reb, did you find anyone to recover and store your M944 yet?
Did you buy both of the cement trucks that were listed? They went cheap. What are your plans for this one? Are you starting your own contractor business or making something custom?
Fly to the Lansing airport and drive it home. The guys at Lansing DRMO will give you a jump. It probably runs. The MI GL toolbag that lists these trucks hardly knows what a truck is let alone tries to start one to see if it runs. Bring your CUCV key.
It's interesting to see that the bigger percentage of vehicles from the MI bases goes to out of state buyers.

reb87

Well I am still trying to line up a pickup for my M919 in Lansing. Im having trouble getting a trucker that can be there on a friday between 9 and 12. I am thinking about having a local wrecker go get the truck so I can have more flexibility in having a trucking company pick it up.
Would any of you michaganians be interested in going and getting the truck for me? I dont know if you are close to Lansing or not but if you would be willing to go and try to get it started and drive to your place it would be worth a couple hundred bucks to me. Id rather pay someone here that knows MVs to get it. I have no idea if any of you are even close enough to consider it but let me know. Thanks, Ross/Nebraska

TedG

Well Reb, I am very close to that yard (2.5miles) and if I am in town on the day(s) that it needs to be moved, I will try to help. If it is a runner and you provide insurance/plates for it to be driven on the roads, then you can store it at my office lot (unsecured) for a short period of time. Harvest in NE is done when?

PM me if you want...

reb87

Quick update, I found a local trucking co that is taking a combine to canada and will stop back and pick up my m919 on the way home. 750 miles for $2200. Thanks for all the offers to help guys. Ross

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks