• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 on 1600 20s GoodYear with HEMTT rims

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys this is a question concerning my M920 setup as described in the title. The tires on my truck are all 98% on the no wear side and the truck is going to be driven on a long trip the tires are not to not exceed 55 mph, does that mean I am fine at 54 mph or should I be in the 50 mph range to be safe? Nest question is what would you run for tire pressure on this truck? Obviously because of the 55 mph limit they build a lot of heat so in my book that means to minimize the amount of sidewall flex as much as possible correct? I have the front axle tires set at 100 PSI but remember there is a lot of weight on the front axle and very little on the rears. Thoughts and suggestions please?
Karl

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 55mph limit is at full load rating. You'll probably be well under the full load rating and would have a comfortable margin above the 55mph.

For maximum tire life more pressure is better, right up to the point where you start getting uneven wear towards the middle of the tread.

In your described scenario, I'd run 55mph and 100psi.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G thanks much for the thoughts on this and yes it will be light in the rear with no trailer on the tractor, and will run the truck at 55 mph. I will fill the rear up to 100 and just watch the tread contact pattern and reduce pressure as needed to at least get 80% of the tire face touching the road.
Thanks again!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
98G thanks much for the thoughts on this and yes it will be light in the rear with no trailer on the tractor, and will run the truck at 55 mph. I will fill the rear up to 100 and just watch the tread contact pattern and reduce pressure as needed to at least get 80% of the tire face touching the road.
Thanks again!
O Rings are only rated to 85psi. The wheel nuts as well. This is stamped on the wheel face...

There is a pressure chart for the tires to run XX psi at XX weight for best ride and tire life.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks