• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/925 on 16.00x20 tires?

Truckoholic

How much do your tires rub in the front and rear? What is the top speed with the 16's?

I was sitting here typing out a description of where my tires rub on my truck, then I thought "Duh.....why don't I just take my camera and go get some pictures! Everybody likes pictures!:razz: You can clearly see the marks on the paint where the tires have been rubbing on the front. So far I have not noticed the rear tires rubbing on the mudflap brackets or anything, and I have given it quite a bit of chance to articulate fully. But also this 15 foot long special bed on this truck sits up higher than your normal bed too. So I don't know.

Not sure what my top speed would be, but at 55Mph the engine is only going 1650Rpm. So there's like 450Rpm left to play with before governor cutoff. I am pretty sure it would do 80. I just don't dare try it. And yeah for sure the engine does not have the power to turn these big tires very darn fast! I was down to 25mph pulling a hill the other day. I've got a turbo off an NTC350 that I plan to put on it sometime.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

RIDDLE1

I was sitting here typing out a description of where my tires rub on my truck, then I thought "Duh.....why don't I just take my camera and go get some pictures! Everybody likes pictures!:razz: You can clearly see the marks on the paint where the tires have been rubbing on the front. So far I have not noticed the rear tires rubbing on the mudflap brackets or anything, and I have given it quite a bit of chance to articulate fully. But also this 15 foot long special bed on this truck sits up higher than your normal bed too. So I don't know.

Not sure what my top speed would be, but at 55Mph the engine is only going 1650Rpm. So there's like 450Rpm left to play with before governor cutoff. I am pretty sure it would do 80. I just don't dare try it. And yeah for sure the engine does not have the power to turn these big tires very darn fast! I was down to 25mph pulling a hill the other day. I've got a turbo off an NTC350 that I plan to put on it sometime.

View attachment 343618

View attachment 343619

View attachment 343620

View attachment 343621

View attachment 343622
Thank you for taking the time to post that! That helps me a lot. This truck will see some good articulating at the GA Rally so looks like 14's are going to be what I go with.

Gunner0311

1100x20 Tires

Looks great!

When you are finished, I am interested in some 1100x20 tires in good condition for
my M52A2.

If you are some to get rid of, let me know and we can work something out....:driver:

jrod66

Looks great!

When you are finished, I am interested in some 1100x20 tires in good condition for
my M52A2.

If you are some to get rid of, let me know and we can work something out....:driver:
I will be pulling the 1100/20 off of my rig soon, they are the g177's and are just about brand new, pm me if you are interested

I like the 53's also, with a turbo and some other mods like a egt I think I will be equally happy, although the 100/20's are a pretty nice tire!

Albin

these are mounted on hemmit wheels so the front track is a little wider and the rear track is a little narrower

View attachment 343618

View attachment 343619

View attachment 343620

View attachment 343621

View attachment 343622
Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm asking for a friend of mine that just got not one, but two M931 tractors off of Gov Lquidation.

- Are both of those 16.00x20 tires (yea I know that's the thread title, I just want to make sure of the nomenclature when I discuss with him)

- What is the diameter of those tires, he wants to put the largest tires on his tractors without modding the suspension, and it looks like those tires will do just that.

Thanks for both your patience and answers.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks