• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Air suspension

Hawssie

I was planning on doing the same for my M931A2. Like the link to the other thread states, a lot of the typical over the road air bag system leaves a lot to be desired for off road. I have a complete 2000 freightliner with air bags that I could use but I think it would be a down grade. The walking beam set up is the best for off road and the most durable, thats why you see it on dump trucks, concrete trucks etc. The best set up is the air ride walking beam but like the other thread also said they are hard to come by. I was thinking of leaving the leaf spring system but remove all but the last 3 leaves then add air bags. At least that way you wouldnt have to redesign the whole system. But first it might be better to add an air ride cab to see if that may be enough of a ride improvement.

Rocky2

That is a viable option, we used to do that on some of the older Dodge diesels, took a lot of initial shock out of the ride when empty, still handled a load good. The nice thing about an air ride or softer suspension is that it does not beat up the truck as bad. I just hate that metallic crashing every time you hit a bump or hole!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks