• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 speedo adapter for 16R20

I have a M923 that I am putting 16R20 XZL on. I am looking for a speedo adapter that will make the speedo read right. I have searched and found many threads but no definitive answers. One answer I found is that you need a HEMTT adapter to make it right. If this is correct where can I get one from?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a definitive answer. Do an internet or yellow pages search on "speedometer repair" for your locality. There will be at least one local shop that can make up the adapter for you.

Then measure your speed at 45 MPH indicated with a GPS and take that data with you when you go to the shop. That's all the information they need.

I called Portland Speedometer and they said to just bring the truck down and they would make the adapter right then.

There is also a link somewhere on this site for a replacement speedometer that will indicate up to 70 MPH if you want to do that. It is a Jeep aftermarket parts seller that caters to Jeep restoration enthusiasts that sells them. It is an exact fit for the dash of M series trucks, and just needs the bezel painted. Try searching for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks