• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 clicking sound coming from fuel tank

Hoefler

Its now cold here in MN. Went to exercise my truck today, so I fired it up. As usual, the engine fired up immediately (about 25 degrees F here today). I took it through my property, and was preparing to take it into town to fill it up with winter blend fuel. I noticed a rhythmic clicking coming from the fuel tank that I had never heard before. I decided to not take her out and determine if this was normal or not. Was thinking that given the fuel is cold (truck has been outside with nighttime temps around 10 to 15 degrees F). The picture shows the south side of the truck where it receives sun, while the north side of truck (fuel tank) remains much colder.
Perhaps others could chime in here and give their experience and opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Pete
IMG_1537.jpg

plainside

Mine does the same thing, M925A2. Clicking coming from the fuel tank. Not sure what that is or if it is normal. How do you get it to start so quick at that temp?

dmetalmiki

Wow i'm sure I remember you building or updating that beutifull workshop. Why not put the truck "to bed" inside?.. you know..blanket, heater/s, ( bowl of oil). that shop of yours is better than my House.

Hoefler

Thanks for the responses. This truck just simply runs well. When it gets cold, I usually give it about a one half second shot of ether on the stack. I let it sit for about 20 seconds, then I hit the starter and it fires right up. It has four good batteries in it.
On the shop-I am still working on it. Every Saturday I drive up from the city to pound and saw stuff. Currently insulating and lining it (long drawn out project-I buy materials when I can afford them). When its finished, she will go back in doors. I have 10 foot wide x 10 foot tall garage doors-it barely fits. The mirrors on the truck need to be folded in to pass the opening. I should have went 12 foot wide and probably 11 foot tall.
Plainside-where are you located in MN?
Pete

74M35A2

Sorry to tag along on an old ride. I have owned my 925A2 for over a year now, and put 5,000 miles on it. Just last week, I changed out the mechanical fuel lift pump with a new replacement. I immediately noticed this fuel tank clicking after that. My old pump always had wetness around the primer button. The pattern of the clicking seems to be exactly in time with the fuel pump pulse, which would be 1/2 of engine RPM since it is cam lobe driven.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a one way valve in the fuel return line (supposed to prevent lost of prime) I believe this is what you here with the tank acting like a amplifier.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I always thought it was the pump pump pump of the lift pump going and the return fuel pulsing back to the tank. And if the tank level was low the return into the tank reverberates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks