• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 compared to M931a2 for road tractor use

Digdug

Is there any difference between a M923A2 vs. M931 A2 other than wheelbase? I am looking to make a road tractor . There is a M9123 A2 close to me for sale , but dont want to use it as a tractor if the M931 a2 has higher GVWR or something im missing here. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The 923a2 being a cargo won't have the 5th Wheel obviously and the hoses to connect it to the trailer and the tractor protection valve. No trailer hand valve for the trailer either. No yellow trailer brake button on the dash either.

Maybe the big question is this: Are you planning to drag trailers a little here and there occasionally - or are you going into the trucking business? There are possibilities depending on what you are wanting to do.

Digdug

The 923a2 being a cargo won't have the 5th Wheel obviously and the hoses to connect it to the trailer and the tractor protection valve. No trailer hand valve for the trailer either. No yellow trailer brake button on the dash either.

Maybe the big question is this: Are you planning to drag trailers a little here and there occasionally - or are you going into the trucking business? There are possibilities depending on what you are wanting to do.
Thanks, Mullaney! I just plan to move light equipment around town to our various excavating jobs. I finally found some specs and it looks like the tractor version has more GVWR so Ill keep on the hunt for a M931A2. Thank you for your help. Doug

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks