• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Hard downshift 2 to 1st

Ttallent13

I have searched and have found a few things to try and one of them is to adjust the transmission modulator where it attaches to the throttle bracket. (The shouldered bolt). My question is, in all the things I have looked at it says to adjust this bolt all the way to the left, for mine it’s almost all the way to the right. So I’m wondering can you adjust it to much, not trying to create another issue. Picture included.
Thanks for the help
Tommy

Attachments

smoke

The short answer is no if done right. Mark where it is now than adjust it. If it's too much adjustment it may shift at higher rpm or lower rpm (early shift). Dont remember. If you don't like feel put back where it was. Are you still running motor oil in the trans or switched to atf? Thou Allison trans can run motor oil in them. They tend to be a harsher shifting trans with motor oil. If you are going to use it as a heavy haulin truck, etc. I'd stay with motor oil but if using for no load parade cruise truck. I would switch to atf in trans. Because atf has friction modifier that allows a little slipping (cushioning) between the clutches while it switch gears as compared to motor oil having none. Also atf perform a little differently with climate outside. In colder condition atf will shift better than motor oil due to flow characteristic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks