• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 parts scrounging at John Winslow's

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey all,
I made a parts run to John Winslow's yesterday to get much of what I needed to get the 923A2 up and running. It was a fun day filled with breaking free rusty bolts, lying on my back in the weeds, knuckle banging, etc... I scored all the parts I needed to put the front end back together (axle shaft, bearing, spindle nuts, bearing nuts/lock, drive flange bolts, CTIS valve), a heater, a power steering ram, a rad. mount, a tach/cable, switches, batt cables, horn button, flasher, warning center module, new cab top, headlights, wiper blades, washer bottle and some other bits. As soon as I can save some more cash I'll go back for a little more cosmetic stuff. Enjoy the pics.

E22 and Jdob, John didn't have what you guys were looking for, sorry.

John is a very nice guy to work with. Don't hesitate to give him a call!

Attachments

Rocco

RE: M923A2 parts scrounging at John Winslow

I have ordered parts from him but I have never been down there.
Looks fun.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOLY CRAPP! Is that a rare R-2 airport crash truck in the second photo? That is DEFINITELY a rare and valuable beast that needs to be saved! Here's a pic of what it used to look like:

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, I didn't look too close at it, but while I was passing by, it looked to be pretty straight and complete. Give him a call and see if he'll make you a deal on it Mike :)

Blake

The crash truck is in bad shape. The rear compartment side doors are all gone and it has been framed in with wood/metal. Looks that it was a "camper" in its day!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John has 800 stuff there. John has a bit of everything. Great place to shop, thats for sure.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Blake said:
The crash truck is in bad shape. The rear compartment side doors are all gone and it has been framed in with wood/metal. Looks that it was a "camper" in its day!
Ick, thanks Blake. Like I said, I didn't get a close look at it, just a drive-by.

Buggy, definitely some 800 parts there. Residue trucks for picking and new parts. He has a VERY nice 813 sitting up front in the sale lot.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can't wait to go back down there and pick some more parts. It's really easy to get around the trucks since he keeps roads mowed in and around them. Even though it was freezing outside when I was there it was nice not to have to worry about bees, ticks, chiggers, snakes, etc... I'd much rather scrounge in the cold any day.

Outdoorbum

I got my first Deuce from John and I am usally there at least once and month for parts. Really good person to deal with, I recommned him unquestionably!