• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 trans swap

adeso

Has anyone swapped the trans and/or Tcase out of a M923A2 with a 6CTA? From what I understand the engine has a SAE 2 bellhousing? I was looking at the Ally HD4560 just because it would be nice to not be revving the truck out of its mind doing 65 empty down the road, and I plan on turning the engine up a good amount so it needs to hold the power as well. And from what I understand the Tcase doesn't hold up so well? is that just in reverse or have people been grenading them by turning the truck up? It seems all the good Allys are SAE 1 bellhousings, does anyone know if it is as simple as an adapter plate or will the torque converters be different as well?

Thanks in advance.

adeso

It looks like the Ally MD3060 might be a drop in behind this engine since they use it in motor homes, but not rated for the HP I want to turn it up to, has anyone gone in and messed with this trans to see if they will hold up to more power?

Jason O

You will find that the truck is not real enjoyable to drive at 65 mph, even if you had an OD. I'm considering a Fuller manual transmission swap at some point, but there's really no way to justify it, other than improving the truck's on-road drivability. For off-road, the Allison seems to be a good match to the truck.

My 6cta is turned up, I run the **** out of it, and have had no trans issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks