• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 alternator over charging

m715mike

Very common problem with the stock junk... pm @74M35A2 and see if he is still selling civilian alternator conversions. Not cheap, but good stuff!
I concur about contacting 74M35A2 (I see he has already posted here).

But, I disagree about the “Not cheap” comment. I guess it’s all relative. When the alternator went out on my M936A2, I first took it to a reputable shop that I’ve used before. Their quote to repair the original was much more than the new alternator 74M35A2 sold me.

Get a new one from 74M35A2 and don’t look back!

Highpine

Very common problem with the stock junk... pm @74M35A2 and see if he is still selling civilian alternator conversions. Not cheap, but good stuff!
Thank you very much for the information!!! I cranked it again yesterday and it's still over charging. The voltage regulator is made onto the back of the alternator so there's definitely no tinkering with it to try to get it to stop over charging.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Any ideas why my alternator suddenly began overcharging and how I can stop it?
"Suddenly" got bad connection someplace. Got bad grounds?
Perform the "take all the ground wires off and refurbish, make all like NEW, work" .
Maybe this is a PM/TM overview but that will cost nothing but your labor and time.
IMG_2756.JPGIn any case it is well worth doing.
You get to inspect/refurbish each and every wire and connection that way.

Attachments

Highpine

Thanks boys and girls. I only make like $20 on it all said and done. I do it just so it is easy for you guys to keep your toys reliable.
Many thanks to everyone for the replies!!! I knew joining this site would put me in touch with good guys with knowledge and skills... and a love for green machines!!!! I will check all me wiring this weekend and take it from there. Gotta get my green buddy back up and going!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks