• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Ft Lewis to Olympia

BlancoWolfy

I need a M925 towed or loaded on a trailer and moved to Olympia from Ft Lewis Washington about 26 miles. The transfer case in the truck is cracked. Will be moveing this around the end of the month.

Recon Charlie Alpha

oh boy....hoping that is the case (no pun intended), for parts, since Im due to pick up my m925 (not for parts!) from the same base once euc clears...(gulp)..:shock:.......as far as the transpo need, what is your deadline? Engine runs,yes? Brakes? Side road Route?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the looks of the auction photos, it is a BIG CRACK.

They stated in the description that it didn't run. It probably does RUN but doesn't GO. Don't think side road route is an option for that one. It'll need a replacement transfer case.

BlancoWolfy

Yes "hangs head"I bid on not knowing about the crack I looked at the pictures on my cell phone and that little detail I missed. When they said does not run I was thinking engine so when I looked at the vehicle in person I was looking at reasons why the engine might not run. I found about an inch of fuel in the tank and concluded it did not run because of no fuel. I neglected to look for cracks in transfer cases. But now that I bought it I will end up putting a new transfer case in it. Sorry Recon no parts.

jets1959

I need a M925 towed or loaded on a trailer and moved to Olympia from Ft Lewis Washington about 26 miles. The transfer case in the truck is cracked. Will be moveing this around the end of the month.
Would love to help you out, but my M1031 just isn't big enough. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! You have ten days after your paid reciept and euc clears.

BlancoWolfy

Got her home

She made it home on the back of a low bed trailer. Getting her into the drive way was loads of fun as the engine wont start to provide air pressure to release the brakes. The driveway is down hill and the selected parking spot in front of the garage sits about 20 feet below road level. Did I mention we had to coast backwards down the driveway makeing sure to miss the edge of the house, the 38 foot boat and all with no power steering. We ended up trunning a glad hand air coupling to the truck emergency system and connecting the other end to about 200 feet of air hose connected to the air compressor in the pump house. We would have just caged the brakes but takeing a 25,000 lbs truck backwards down a 200 foot long hill with only front brakes did not seem safe.

jets1959

Nope the crack is about a inch wide and has a rag stuffed in it. I wish I could just put some fluid in it and get it home. :(
She made it home on the back of a low bed trailer. Getting her into the drive way was loads of fun as the engine wont start to provide air pressure to release the brakes. The driveway is down hill and the selected parking spot in front of the garage sits about 20 feet below road level. Did I mention we had to coast backwards down the driveway makeing sure to miss the edge of the house, the 38 foot boat and all with no power steering. We ended up trunning a glad hand air coupling to the truck emergency system and connecting the other end to about 200 feet of air hose connected to the air compressor in the pump house. We would have just caged the brakes but takeing a 25,000 lbs truck backwards down a 200 foot long hill with only front brakes did not seem safe.
Glad alls well that ends well, and everyone and the truck are all home safe and sound.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks