• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 harness burn

Jon Giovani

Had the large round multi pin conector under the passenger side dash start smoking and burn some of the wires.
It it the open ended conector, doesnt have anythung plugged into it.

Question 1, anybody seen this happen before?

Question 2! Anybody know of a source for this.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That is the diagnosis port for the scan tool the military had
You can cut every wire and tape em off

If you need a harness shoot me a PM. I have a few. They aren't available thru surplus that I have ever found. Even takeouts are not cheap. They are alot of work

Jon Giovani

That is the diagnosis port for the scan tool the military had
You can cut every wire and tape em off

If you need a harness shoot me a PM. I have a few. They aren't available thru surplus that I have ever found. Even takeouts are not cheap. They are alot of work
That is exactly what I was thinking it was, very similar to the multiple ones we had in our M1A1 tanks.

Cutting and capping is probably the most logical solution at least for now, it went through the flood here in Nebraska last year and had water to just at bed height, but I had relocated the batteries to the tool box under the step and they were connected and charged during the flood, I'm sure that had something to do with it. But I've got to get it running again so I can ship it up to our place in Montana.
My M934 had the batteries under the seat still and had no issues.
I will pm you about the harness as I would like to replace it at some point.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks