• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Cargo Bed Tiedowns

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Doing extensive PM for upcoming trip.
Sprayed some lube in a few of these but they still felt gritty when moving them around.
Took one off and found this.
Took the rest off, all 22, and cleaned up each one.
Reinstalled with a good coating of ACF50. Not only Lubes but stops the corrosion.
Didn't want to paint because I want to be able to get these off later and clean again.

Trucks had a cargo cover on for over two years, until a few weeks ago. It's going back on tomorrow.

Paint looked great on every one with NO HINT of this.

Washed truck of course but no fording.
I actually need to replace a few, they were so bad.

Just FYI

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 641841View attachment 641839View attachment 641840
Doing extensive PM for upcoming trip.
Sprayed some lube in a few of these but they still felt gritty when moving them around.
Took one off and found this.
Took the rest off, all 22, and cleaned up each one.
Reinstalled with a good coating of ACF50. Not only Lubes but stops the corrosion.
Didn't want to paint because I want to be able to get these off later and clean again.

Trucks had a cargo cover on for over two years, until a few weeks ago. It's going back on tomorrow.

Paint looked great on every one with NO HINT of this.

Washed truck of course but no fording.
I actually need to replace a few, they were so bad.

Just FYI
If you don't have troop seats, try to find some of tie downs that can slide down into the holders for them.

Don't do too much PM on them, they tend to fester sometimes. If you run into any issues along your way or return let me know. I am in Memphis but I will be near that area for next few weeks moving equipment. Save my number in your phone.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have troop seats, try to find some of tie downs that can slide down into the holders for them.

Don't do too much PM on them, they tend to fester sometimes. If you run into any issues along your way or return let me know. I am in Memphis but I will be near that area for next few weeks moving equipment. Save my number in your phone.
Will do!!

Thanks