• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929/939A1 Ether Thermal Close Valve Leaking

bchristensen

I am working on deepening a large pond in the High Uintas and my 929A1 5-ton dump truck has been amazingly helpful. I've actually been super surprised that I haven't broken more things but this truck just keeps going and going. This weekend I installed an Ether canister to see if that would help with cold starting. It's dipping into the low 30's during the night. It would take 1 to 2 minutes of cranking to get the truck started after a week of sitting (I only work on the property on the weekends). I screwed in the Ether can, pressed the button while cranking and she fired up in less than 2 cranks. Amazing.

Then I thought to check for any leaks. The Ether Thermal Close Valve has a little hole (intentional it seems) in the side and Ether spews out of that hole. Apparently some of it makes it to the engine because she fired right up but a good amount sprays out the side. After thinking about exactly how to get my fire extinguisher, I tried a couple times. Same thing.

I can't find anyone that has this little fitting. I'd like to replace it with a newer one if I can find it. If not, I'm going to tear it down and see what o-ring or something has failed. If anyone knows much about this, please let me know. If you know where to buy a replacement, I'd appreciate that info as well! It's the item marked #6 on the attached TA.

Brian

Attachments