• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929/A1 Spare Tire Carrier Boom?

jaws4518

Cold Beer
What is needed to complete the spare tire hoist etc...? There is no boom or hoist winch on a 929, just the flange plate covering the vertical tube. Do you attach the same hoist kit, or come up with something custom? Looks like a trip to Harbor Freight my be the best option. I need to be able to load and unload a spare tire. I would hate to get myself caught in a difficult situation.:shock:

Looked at all the TM figures on this subject. Ideas or real part info would be appreciated.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is needed to complete the spare tire hoist etc...? There is no boom or hoist winch on a 929, just the flange plate covering the vertical tube. Do you attach the same hoist kit, or come up with something custom? Looks like a trip to Harbor Freight my be the best option. I need to be able to load and unload a spare tire. I would hate to get myself caught in a difficult situation.:shock:

Looked at all the TM figures on this subject. Ideas or real part info would be appreciated.
Weld a hook to the top of the bed side. This will allow you to hook a chainfall there to let the tire up and down with. Or bolt one. I have seen some added to dumptrucks I have picked up.

Even with the hook mount flush on the bed the tire will still come down beside the fuel tank. Or weld an arm to the underside of the bed that would allow more clearance if you wanted it

You could also put two u bolts under there to be able to add the hoist pole if you wanted to remove itScreenshot_20180605-125037_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaws4518

Cold Beer
I can't believe it. The answer is right there and I couldn't see it. See, that why I ask because I was about to weld up a hoist arm with a HF chain hoist. I'll still do the hoist but weld the a hook to the underside of the dump bed head cover, then I can use the hoist for a variety of things.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If yours has the lifting eye rings in the headache board you can just attach a chain there and lay it over the side as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks