• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 and S250 shelter is it possible/a good idea

mattyboy

So i have a 931 tractor I dont want to bob. i was thinking to mount my pop up camper but to want to cut it up. I am thinking to weld a trailer pin to the bottom of s250 and mount .I think that the cutout fenders would be perfect. i dont want to neccesarily make it a camper . Think swat team mobile command type looking vehicle. my issue is , i have never seen one of these in person (i know they are on the small side but the 280 shelter is too big. do you think it would look right sitting back there. i tried to search but only come up with pics of 280 shelters mounted in the 5 ton bed. A big thing for me is i dont want roof of shelter to stick up above roof of truck. I realize i may have to remove the 5th wheel. anybody heard of such crazieness, and or have a s250 for sale ?!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The pin idea will not work unless you make a huge steel tray for the shelter to fit in. The shelters are made out of thin aluminum sheet panels with a honeycomb between them and would not take the stress. How about putting one side ways on the cat walk behind the cab. Another idea that I did with my XM818 was to mount a M105 trailer bed to a king pin, your shelter would fit and you would also have a small deck area. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?44927-M818-I-m-trying-a-new-way-to-put-a-bed-on-it/page4

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5F4p6cG1Y

[/URL]

Last edited:

mattyboy

i didnt think about sideways mount. might be better to mount backwards starting at catwalk. will have to get my tape measure out to see how i can make it work.

KsM715

extended2 [640x480].jpgStretch it and use the 250 as a sleeper. I had toyed with the idea ofputting my 250 behind the cab of my M818. (back when I owned both of them)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks