• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 non bobbed with M105 as a bed.

k5ontherocks

Anyone seen one? I picked up a nice M105 for next to nothing.A fraction of what a duece or 5ton bed is running. I would like to convert it to a bed for my M931A2.
The bodywork to remove and smooth the wheelwells is easy work for me. But to use it is going to ruin it as a trailer. So if it just wont work or looks horrible id rather just save the trailer.
Was just hoping someone somewhere had a pic of one.

MO MV man

I just sent you a PM with a link to a single axle'd example (what I plan to do to my truck).

I'm assuming you meant not cutting the frame?

From what I measured, the M105 bed fits perfectly, length-wise, from about 2" back from the tire rack to the rear edge of the frame.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen one on a deuce tractor. Funnier than a car load of circus clowns with the fenderwells in place. If you plan on smoothing that out, should loook pretty decent!

k5ontherocks

I've seen one on a deuce tractor. Funnier than a car load of circus clowns with the fenderwells in place. If you plan on smoothing that out, should loook pretty decent!
I would not even consider it with the dual axles and the wheel openings still there. I agree, would look ridiculous. I am fairly handy with metal work, plan on making it resemble a duece or 5 ton bedside.
Thanks

A deuce bed with the tire carrier removed would be much easier. The M105 bedsides are not as 'high' as the deuce/5-ton beds, so unless you raise the bed a lot you may have tire clearance issues.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think it might look a little small perched up on the back of a tractor frame. Since you are not going to bob the truck you will have some frame uncovered, either in front or behind the bed. I would suggest using a deuce bed and cutting it down and saving the M105 since it's cherry.

jesusgatos

Or... leave the tractor plate on there and mount the M105 bed to that like a few other people have done. We're converting a bunch of our cargo trucks to tractors and then re-mounting all the beds like that. Cargo bed sits 12" above the framerails and the tractor plate is 12.5" tall. Biggest challenge is cutting apart and reinforcing the subframe to clear the tractor plate. But if you're a metalman, not a big deal.

k5ontherocks

Thanks, For everyones input. Still not sure what i will do. i was planning on using the trailer frame rails as a spacer to give some room for suspension to flex and not get into the bedsides.
i dont think ill have a need for the tractor plate, it was going to scrap yard if not sold soon.
i may try and just use the trailer for hauling for a while and save up or try and trade for a duece or 5 ton bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks