• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 from Nellis to Phoenix, need help?

daschae

I need to pick up / have picked up my M931A2 from Nellis this upcoming Tuesday or Thursday. I was planning on driving up with my dad in my f250 and driving it home. Is anyone else getting a truck from Nellis back to Phoenix or Tucson? Id be willing to pick it up for you, or possibly pay you to pick mine up. I have the tow bar with me here in Chandler, AZ.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can help if you have a problem along the way home - including towing it with a larger heavier vehicle if need be. I just paid $4.309/gallon of diesel, though. :-x

Welder Sam

I ve often wondered how big of a headache that ride would be and how good or bad the trucks at nellis are. I wish you the best of luck either way. Cb is well versed in recoveries as i understand. I believe id trust him to haul/tow mine from here to the valley.

Cb, $4.30?? Really?? Wow... and i was aggrevated to see $3.99 during the Issac stir. Noticed $3.89 this morning

daschae

Thanks for the offers guys! Im hoping its uneventful, Ill be at Nellis @ 9am tomorrow to pick it up. I also picked up one of the tow bars so I can drag it off the highway if it has any issues. I dont think my F250 diesel would be very happy with me if I attempted to stop while pulling the M931 above 10mph, and even that should be interesting if I have to.

daschae

So, as I suspected that was an adventure. 115 miles outside of Vegas, had a right front tire blow out. Had a service truck come out and swap for the spare. About 80 miles later, ran out of diesel, my fault. Switched the gauge over, but not the valve to the other tank. Towed it 60 miles at 20 miles an hour to Wickenburg, filled both tanks, called m35A2az Albert to explain how to get it primed... and finally made it home.

There were a ton of trucks at Nellis, condition was all over the board. The one I picked up was originally from Utah, so it has some rust here and there, but no rot.

markmontana

Glad to hear the truck ran good and you made it home. Can't predict those tire issues- I hope you checked the pressure on the fronts- they can look full and fool you. Normally they are the last thing to fail, but only if the pressure is kept up.

Most of those trucks at Nellis are from Utah. They drive them past my place in Ogden on the way to Nellis, then I bid on them and have to go to Nellis and then drive them back to where they started.:roll:

But they didn't start life in Utah- they've been all over before they were staged here.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man you did have a Long day, but you made it home safe that is the main thing!!!

Glad I could help a little.:beer:

:driver:

daschae

Unexpected financial obligations require me to sell this thing ASAP. I paid $6892 with tax. The truck is in Chandler. Here is the link to the auction

1991 BMY-Division of Harsco M931A2 Truck, Truck, Tractor, 5-ton, 6x6. Powered by a Cummins 6CTA8.3 6-cylinder turbosuper - Government Liquidation

I realize THIS belongs in the classifieds section, I just upgraded my SS membership and it isnt active yet and wanted to get this info out there ASAP. Ill create a classified ad once my membership is activated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks