• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A air leaking into differential

howierd3866

question help please Thanks. I'm have no ideal about my Big Toy started losing air once I hit the brakes. So I took it to a big truck repair shop of a friend. Told them that my rear diaphragm was leaking but as I was driving it there started heard air inside the cab. They replace the value behind the driver step I think its call quick release value because it was leaking into the exhaust. Then they try to replace the diaphragm but kept leaking so we replace both brake chambers and now they say air is leaking into the rear differential. They don't work on these and I can't find anything or anywhere for them to look next. help Thanks from South Fla

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
question help please Thanks. I'm have no ideal about my Big Toy started losing air once I hit the brakes. So I took it to a big truck repair shop of a friend. Told them that my rear diaphragm was leaking but as I was driving it there started heard air inside the cab. They replace the value behind the driver step I think its call quick release value because it was leaking into the exhaust. Then they try to replace the diaphragm but kept leaking so we replace both brake chambers and now they say air is leaking into the rear differential. They don't work on these and I can't find anything or anywhere for them to look next. help Thanks from South Fla
Is this an A2 truck? If you don't know just post a pic of your truck please.

Only A2s can leak air into the diffentials via the ctis system. If that is the case simply unplug the ctis controller

71DeuceAK

I'm going by the angled fuel fill cap, but the bumper/shackles and axle pumpkins would be definite giveaways, that just aren't visible from this angle.

charlesmann

I'm going by the angled fuel fill cap, but the bumper/shackles and axle pumpkins would be definite giveaways, that just aren't visible from this angle.
gotcha, iv got an a2, haven't seen an a1 or a0 close enough to notice much difference. thanks for the insight.
what would be the dead giveaway on the axel diffs?

71DeuceAK

A2s have flat bottoms on the pumpkins; the A1 and "A0" (Yes, I know, many hate that misnomer but I use it as a clarifier) have more rounded bottoms.

charlesmann

A2s have flat bottoms on the pumpkins; the A1 and "A0" (Yes, I know, many hate that misnomer but I use it as a clarifier) have more rounded bottoms.
wow, i can't believe they would make such minuscule changes between models. thanks for the info. hopefully they didn't change anything out and if not i found a 934a0/a1 expandable van. hoping it has the nhc 250, not the 8.3. i would much prefer the 809 series expandable, but a manual swap is possible

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks