• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Warning

jeli

I've never been in a situation where I needed low range to back up. Even a loaded M930 dump fully loaded. I have caught myself going into reverse and backing just a tad before realizing I was in low range. A long time a go my M929 had the t-case tore off the truck doing this on a job site. Between the idiot driving the dump and the other idiot pushing on the tailgate with a D7 it wasn't a good day for my truck...no it wasn't me!!!

halftrack

I've seen this happen first hand. It occurs when you go too fast in Reverse in low range. I was told as long as you go slow in reverse in low range you are OK. ITs when you floor it, then it breaks. However, I'm sure the Army just wants to prevent it all together by just saying dont go in reverse at all while in low range.

Cdub

When I was looking for an M939 series five ton I was also told the very same thing from some one that had first hand experience as well.

There are many such warnings about these trucks. I just wish mine had the ABS installed.

Cheers,

C'dub

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find the ABS kits...I am not sure where any are right now, but I've seen them. They were part of an MWO.

Cdub

BKubu said:
You can find the ABS kits...I am not sure where any are right now, but I've seen them. They were part of an MWO.
Thanks Bruce, I'll keep my eye out for the ABS Kit

My M925a1's MWO was in Oct of 1997.Could that be why it didn't get the ABS...??

Thanks,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks