• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 with tac4

74M35A2

Fun to see, but I would not want to have to find parts for it. Most everything abnormal is from something else, so do-able, but will take 4x the amount of work to locate.

Nomadic

The Marines had a plan to retrofit the TAK-4 on their M939's, but the project was abandoned. Source Maybe that pic is from that program.

I was trying to find out what kind of differentials are in it and came accross that article. Does anyone know what the diffs are like in the TAK-4 (open, limited slip, etc)?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, just one of the 6 prototype 5TTRs that were built from the M923A2. Non-TAK4 on this unit as well. This excerpt below was taken from a cost analysis of all the military vehicle fleets and ultimately denied. "..expected costs to remanufacture a 5 ton truck exceed 93% of purchase of a new vehicle" - direct quote from Department of Defense Appropriations for 1998. They clearly just bought new 7 tons instead.

Screenshot_1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks