• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 fuel system TMs

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I sure think I have a complete set of TMS for my M977 HEMTT but cannot find anything directly about how to bleed the fuel system? My truck has the 8V92 in it and I ran it out of fuel by not paying close enough attention to what I was doing. Now I need to reprime/bleed the fuel system and I cannot find anything in the TMs directly concerning this operation?
Does anybody have the TM # that relates to this please?
Thanks much

Guyfang

Staff member
This has always been a HEMTT problem. From Day One. Some of the first HEMTT's to hit the streets here in Germany, were to the Patriot units. We had incredible problems with fuel systems. I was in a DS Maintenance unit, and my people were at first overloaded with helping our supported unit for HEMTT's. Our fix, for bleeding the fuel system was this. We took a fuel tank cap, punched a hole through it, epoxied an air fitting in the hole, and used truck air pressure to bleed the system. Keep NTD's warning of 2 PSI close to heart. No more then that. We blew out a bunch of of the water separator bowls in the beginning. If I had a HEMTT, one of these caps would be in my OVM box, that's for sure.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much guys I will stand advised on the 2 psi max into the fuel system. I also run trucks with of course Cummins and CAT and of course they both have hand primer/bleeders on them, WHY cant Detroit do the same?
Thanks again guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks