• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M997a2 rear step

Stevenony

Hello I'm new here and still looking around. This looks like the right forum to ask, does anyone have the m997a2 ambulance body with the rear doors and steps?
I have just bought a 2001 m997a2 but in the process of demiling it they remove the rear doors and step. I want to make it into an overlander and need a rear step. I am planning on making a fold down platform in place of the rear doors (or some combination, i remember when i was a kid we rented a camper and it had a cool fold down porch)but I would still like the rear step to look original.
Does anyone have pictures or drawings of the step assembly they could post. I think I can fab a passable version if I had more to go on than what I have been able to find on the net.
Thanks in advance.

Third From Texas

Hello I'm new here and still looking around. This looks like the right forum to ask, does anyone have the m997a2 ambulance body with the rear doors and steps?
I have just bought a 2001 m997a2 but in the process of demiling it they remove the rear doors and step. I want to make it into an overlander and need a rear step. I am planning on making a fold down platform in place of the rear doors (or some combination, i remember when i was a kid we rented a camper and it had a cool fold down porch)but I would still like the rear step to look original.
Does anyone have pictures or drawings of the step assembly they could post. I think I can fab a passable version if I had more to go on than what I have been able to find on the net.
Thanks in advance.
Always wondered what sort of military secret technology was hidden in those doors (that resulted in their removal from so many ambos at auction).

Yeah, I'd think you could fab up a worthy replacement. Looking forward to what you come up with.

I started looking at civilian ambos to convert, then I saw the M997 and fell in love. Had I not shifted to the LMTV platform, I'd be driving a M997 today.

Might poke around the HMMWV forum here:

shorad93

Hello. I picked up a M997A2 last year and am in process of also converting to overlander. I picked up a used rear door and reversed engineered it and made my own much stronger than stock.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks