• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 2-man filler panels

Ajax MD

Searched through the manuals, and searched the archives here, with little luck.

In the 2-man config, there are 2 types of "filler panels" that I've seen in place of rear doors. There's a solid panel, and a panel where the lower 1/3 of the panel is hinged and held shut with 2 rubber holddowns on the exterior of the body. This little flap allows access to the foot wells of the rear passenger area which serves as stowage in the 2-man config.

The Army (or someone) slapped on a set of the hinged filler panels on the truck where it never had them before. There are no holes in the main body for the rubber hold-down catches. The rubber holddowns themselves are missing.

Can anyone point me to the NSN or P/N for the correct size rubber holddown? I'll drill the necessary holes for the catches in the body.

See pic for reference:

Attachments

DREDnot

Those hold downs are the same ones used on the doghouse.

They are more expensive than they look like they should be.

They are also a pain in the leg when you catch yourself on one.

I got myself one of the later style fillers and went with a cheaper and all around better method of securing the flap door.

DSCN9911.JPG

DSCN9910.JPG