• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Diagnostic Tool (What Is This???)

WhoMe08721

Hey Guys,

Was just trying to find out what this is (Dearborn Protocol Adapter III Plus CAN Diagnostic (Military Version)). I know what a STE/ICE Tester is and know how it works and what it is used for. Is this similar to that and dose it plug in to a pc. Also if it plug in to a pc what software dose it use?

Dearborn Protocol Adapter III Plus CAN Diagnostic (Military Version).PNGKit.PNG

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used for talking to computerized equipment with the right software - CAT ET, DANA software package, ALLISON, etc. I have it but that DPA III has been superseded by the 4+ and 5. Depending on the vehicle you're working on and how fussy the adapter is it can be a life saver. They're worth about $150 on ebay for the adapter and cable. The rest is STE/ICE diagnostic stuff and was not widely adopted in the civilian world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks