• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 no lights

riderdan

I had a similar problem and it was the three-lever switch. If there's power to the interior lights (instrument, wait, brake) I'd bet that's your issue too.

The brake light is unrelated... that's most likely a problem with the parking brake light switch. I have the same issue and I haven't gotten around to tracking down the source of that particular problem

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try unscrewing and unplugging the connector on the back of the lever switch housing if you haven't. Could just be corroded and dirty. Pull her off and give the connections a tickle, maybe low pressure sir to blow out any dust or dirt. Might be as simple as disconnect, tidy, reconnect. Failing that, cycle the levers through all their positions several times. Again, corrosion of the brass contacts is a likely culprit. Sure the housings should be sealed, and probably were when the switch box left the factory, but a lot has transpired since then.

Hope you get it! Good luck.

Bulldogger

xerofuzzion

So i ended up opening the 3 lever switch because i though i was going to have to replace it. Seems like its pretty clean inside, look newish too... is there an easy way to verify the switch works?

IMG_3285.jpgIMG_3286.jpgIMG_3287.jpgIMG_3288.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dhaumann69166

I had a brand new 3 lever switch not work. I would guess that’s your problem. Check and make sure you are getting 24v to terminal F wire #15. That is input power to the switch. From there see if you have power going to your blinker controller. Here is a list of what wires go to what terminal. Letter is what letter is on the plug and the number is the wire that should go to it. I will also include my home drawn wiring diagram for the lights. I had to re wire my Humvee from the fire wall in. The main harness had been cut at the firewall
F3C9B508-CB49-4846-9926-30F945C4DD48.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks