• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 parking brake on driveline Rod Spring Placement

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a m998 with the older original driveline parking brake.

I have a broken spring as pictured. I have the replacement but can not find where it goes as I don't see the hardware listed in the tm to mount it to?

I see 2 places on different braces with holes but the holes look clean as nothing has ever been bolted there.

Does anyone have a picture they could take for me?

Attachments

papakb

That spring just puts a little side tension on the brake rod to keep it form rattling as you drive. With the noise in these things you'd probably never hear it anyway but just clip it to anything it will reach. It's not critical.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. That is what I thought. The parts tm calls for a 5/16 x 1inch bolt. I can't find it nor a hole that size.

Brace with small hole I pictured seemed natural location unless its buried behind muffler.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny - I just replaced mine a couple days ago too. Here is the broken one so you can see where it goes. $1.30 for the spring and $20 for shipping!

20220226_135148.jpg

imagejpeg_0_4.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the picture and info. Looks like I need to search down towards the transfer case. Spent some time under my beast yesterday and finally got the Y pipe that was cracked off and changed when I saw this critter....

I bought mine at Kascar with other stuff I needed. I think shipping for a small padded envelope was $12
Mac also showed it but it seemed my overall order was cheaper at Kascar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks