• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Rear Roll Bar?

tomelroy

There are at least 2 versions. One has tabs for a hard top, and 3 types of center bar, 2 have tabs for different types of turret support rings

tomelroy

Not sure what numbers correspond to what on the center piece, but there are at least 2 versions of the outer pieces as well. I have no idea about part numbers for them either.

jake-cutter

Found the diagram below that shows the 3 main pieces. I noticed that the middle bar has two supports for the turret. I also notice that it is lacking the roof mounts/supports. The picture on page one also appears to be missing the roof supports or am I missing something?

Roll bar diagram.JPG

ari

The one you have pictured is for the turret only gmv type with out the roof and only the turret. the one that has roof supports has the support tabs on the corner I haven't been able to track that one down yet so im not 100% sure.

tomelroy

if you look at the pics in the first page of this post (the bar for sale/sold) you will notice the bar has one tab in the center. The single tab is for the old m1025/1026 style turret support. I am doing a truck that uses the style side piece (no roof mounts) in your diagram, but has a smooth (no tab) center bar. The truck is a soft top with half doors. The soft top c pillar will stay so the doors seal up, etc. Basically just used as a roll bar, seat belt mount and looks cool. They do make the tabs you can weld yourself if you wanted to use them for hard roofs. I plan to do a hard top GMV this summer.

Where did you find that diagram?

I just noticed there are no seat belt mounts on the side pieces in the diagram you posted....looks like 3 versions of the sides pieces.

Last edited:

jake-cutter

Anyone have any info on the current style GMV roll bar with the two slats going down the side to a corner post? I have seen the corner posts for sale in the past but none recently.

HMMWV rear slats.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks