• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 tail light replacement issue?

Mikei998

I just replaced my worn out tail lights that were plastic and replaced them with aluminum housing tail lights and I can’t get them to work. Is there something different in the design of the light plastic vs aluminum housing? I reconnected the old light and it worked . Connected the new aluminum one and nothing works . What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated….

Attachments

Thunderbirds

Short answer, yes, there are compatibility issues going one way (not sure exactly going plastic to metal or vice versa) but I have a digital copy of the Army PS magazine on my computer at home. I will look for it tonight and forward it to you.

This article spells out NSNs and what works and what doesn't.

Lee

Last edited:

Thunderbirds

I just replaced my worn out tail lights that were plastic and replaced them with aluminum housing tail lights and I can’t get them to work. Is there something different in the design of the light plastic vs aluminum housing? I reconnected the old light and it worked . Connected the new aluminum one and nothing works . What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated….
Found the piece, it's spelled out on the lower half. but this is talking about the lens on the body, maybe not the issue you are having, or is it? When you say housing, do you mean the entire body or the lens?

NSNs.JPG

Mikei998

Found the piece, it's spelled out on the lower half. but this is talking about the lens on the body, maybe not the issue you are having, or is it? When you say housing, do you mean the entire body or the lens?

View attachment 923993
yes old ones are all plastic and the new ones are all aluminum. I had all aluminum on the front of my truck which I replaced with another set of aluminum and they work fine . The new aluminum ones i installed in the rear don’t work . I reinstalled the old plastic ones and they work .