• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Temp Gauge

92'M998

Hi -
Regulator, (60a) replaced, all gauges work except temp one. The fan comes on but no dash numbers. Any input? Do these burn out? Thanks. J.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the gauge cluster, reground it as per the many posts re.: this issue, and ensure the polarity of the wires to the temp gauge is not reversed.

My vehicle had multiple reversed wires and multiple bad grounds. Now works well.

Last edited:

92'M998

Pull the gauge cluster, reground it as per the many posts re.: this issue, and ensure the polarity of the wires to the temp gauge is not reversed.

My vehicle had multiple reversed wires and multiple bad grounds. Now works well.
Wilco. thanks for the quick response. J.

papakb

Since the sensor for the temperature gauge lives directly behind the alternator and you just replaced it good practice says you look at the last thing you worked on. The fan coming on has absolutely nothing to do with the temp gauge other than they're both triggered by hot water.

papakb

Jammed or missing thermostat? Fan continuously running? Defective gauge or sensor? Do some troubleshooting first, there's a hundred things that can cause this. Have you bothered to look at the troubleshooting guide in the TM?

Dpas1973

Jammed or missing thermostat? Fan continuously running? Defective gauge or sensor? Do some troubleshooting first, there's a hundred things that can cause this. Have you bothered to look at the troubleshooting guide in the TM?
Yes ordered TSTAT and fan drive switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks