• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 trailer plug

KansasBobcat

Installed airlift bumper without any help. Real proud of myself. Had to remove 1 clamp to get slack in trailer harness. Installed plug without twisting harness not looking a letters on face of plug. Got some interesting results when connected to M1102 trailer. The plug was 90 degrees off. Am I the only private snuffy who has done this? Good lesson. I really like this site and it has been a great help in my M998 restoration. Bob

ke5eua

nopics

Ok, reread it, not being sarcastic.

I did it recently when I made a custom iv cable. Didn't damage anything luckily but was scratching my head wondering why it didn't work.

KansasBobcat

I agree but I am not very good with the computer. My intent was to make fun of my lack of expertise and to prevent some other new guy from making my mistake. I appreciate your constructive criticism. I know it must be trying to those who have been on this site for many years. Mike, I owe you a beer. Thanks, Bob

ke5eua

My mistake when I did the plug was align the big notch with the big grove, was wondering why the plug went in and nothing worked. Took me a min but figured it out, popped the plug out and ended up putting the connecter in the vehicle plug and then the cover over it then seating it the rest of the way down when I removed it.

If that makes sense you might have drank that beer already, lol