• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 with parking brake upgrade

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New to me M998 with MWO 9-2320-280-35-1 parking brake upgrade. I read the MWO. I guess the adjustment is via the linkage from the handle. Is there a different procedure for this with the MWO applied? The brake doesn't really hold and I'm hoping it will if I snug it up a little but don't want it dragging. Or do the parking brakes just not work on these vehicles? Constantly choking the wheels is less than attractive.

Thanks for any help.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New to me M998 with MWO 9-2320-280-35-1 parking brake upgrade. I read the MWO. I guess the adjustment is via the linkage from the handle. Is there a different procedure for this with the MWO applied? The brake doesn't really hold and I'm hoping it will if I snug it up a little but don't want it dragging. Or do the parking brakes just not work on these vehicles? Constantly choking the wheels is less than attractive.

Thanks for any help.
the adjustment is and has always been at the lever, regardless of the MWO or not, if it’s not stopping the truck, you probably need to adjust the take up on the clevis under the truck at the lever inside the rubber boot, remove the clevis pin and adjust accordingly

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
the adjustment is and has always been at the lever, regardless of the MWO or not, if it’s not stopping the truck, you probably need to adjust the take up on the clevis under the truck at the lever inside the rubber boot, remove the clevis pin and adjust accordingly
If for some reason handle is at the end of travel on the lever (wound tight) back it off a bit so you will have good adjustment later. Find the center of the twisty adjustment on top of the lever (could be stuck, rusted or busted) before the course adjustment to the clevis underneath. Check that brakes fully release and after a few ratchet clicks... brakes are coming on hard. IMO ? Hows the brakes pads ?

Here's a little more help > https://hummer-hmmwv.tpub.com/TM-9-2320-387-24-1/css/TM-9-2320-387-24-1_1036.htm
move thru the pages for
more info.
Hard to get moving, Harder to stop and hold, CAMO download.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks