• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Won't Start Please Help

mikevr022

Greetings,
This is my first post so if this issue has been resolved elsewhere please let me know.

Over the winter my humvee started losing juice which I assumed that was due to it being particularly cold. I charged the batteries with a 24V charger and it started again.

Next the wait light starting flashing super fast and making a buzzing noise.

Next the wait light wouldn't come on.

I replaced one dead battery, replaced the EESS unit, and now have replaced the glow plugs yet I don't get the wait light.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks,
Michael

dohabandit

Time to hit the TM's and start probing around with a voltmeter. Did you replace the glow plug controller too?
The always say to make sure the battery is disconnected when replacing EESS and GPC.

Dock Rocker

Start by unhooking your batteries and checking all your grounds and cleaning them. I would take the time to instal a supplemental ground harness while i was at it.

Once you have good grounds check your batteries again. Take them somewhere and have them load tested. Your other battery may be dead.

Once you have done that and those check out order a new modern glow plug controller and 8 new glow plugs. My guess is you fried your new box and it wiped out all the glow plugs again. Don’t get an old yellow label unit.

Doing the things above will make sure you have every thing together to make sure your new box will live long and prosper. Also don’t forget to unhook your batteries before you work on the box again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week helped a guy get truck up and running.
His light went on off quick, and no crank.
Turns out it was a loose positive connection at inboard side of battery box.
The big feed thru terminal wire to starter way loose.