• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M9xx with a Cummins "C" series front cover parts

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this has come up a few times and it is a common issue, Here is a QSOL image of the latest P/N's for the front end of the C. By latest, 12 Mar 2018. If you notice, the is no more gasket between the cover and the gear housing. It leaks constantly. Use a silicone BASED adhesive, not red, blue, black silicone, it WILL leak in short order. The stuff you should use dries like silly putty and has no smell, looks like a paste when it comes out of the tube. Also, the seal is **** near impossible to install w/o removing the complete cover. The seal here shows no wear sleeve. The Cummins seal kit WITH the wear sleeve takes a special tool to install. It is normal for the snout of the crank to have a small wear mark/groove worn into the crank. Also, DON'T touch the seal surface of the seal when installing, it is teflon and it will leak in short time. If you are gonna go that far, replace the cover with the one pictured, the "sunrise" style. The old flat flange types crack at the bolt holes on the top rt, bottom around the crank and at the angle toward the center of the engine. If anyone likes, I can scan the page with the cover image and circle the leak points. Enjoy.

Also, if there any other things you guys wana see, now is the time to ask via PM . Retirement is close and I will no longer to have access to any/all Cummins products. An ESN is all I need.View attachment C front cover021.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks