• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mail Call, Gunny Ermey to MVPA Convention

creinemann

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail Call, Gunny Ermey to MVPA Convention

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R. Lee Ermey, aka The Gunny, will be attending the MVPA Convention in Dayton on Friday afternoon 23 June, and all day Saturday 24 June.

But he won't be alone. He'll be at this event with his "little honey" - the 1942 GPW that he drives on his History Channel show Mail Call. The jeep has been trailered across country and is already in place at Reading. I can't think of a better background for a photo with the Gunny than a jeep. (Lee thinks HE's the star of the show...but those of us on the G know better)

After the Reading show, the jeep will stay on the east coast, and be delivered to the MVPA convention. After that, the jeep will be trailered back to LA for use in more Mail Call episodes.

Gunny will be set up at a table selling and autographing his Mail Call: SNAFU dvd. Its an hour of hilarious mishaps and misfires from behind the scenes of Mail Call...two versions on the same dvd: "family friendly with the Gunny-language bleeped...and the raw "x-tra salty", un-censored Gunny.

Those of you who have seen the Gunny at other shows know that he'll happily pose for pictures and chat it up with fans all night long. Having the jeep there and the "camp" is going to be a hoot.

http://www.ohiomotorpool.oldmv.com/

Dieselsmoke

Gunny was at the convention we had out here at the USS Hornet, it was a real treat to get to talk with him. I think it may have been his first MV show as he was running around like a kid in a candy store. I noticed after the convention that his jeep was decked out with all sorts of accessories. They had a story board there with some interesting shots of when they "floated" the jeep in the canvas tarp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks