• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MAINE "Offroad" registration law change

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
So this is happening in Maine!!!
It won't take much for them to follow the Colorado move and declare military vehicles as being designed for offroad use....
These Blue states....

“‘Off-road vehicle’ means a motor vehicle that, because of the vehicle’s design and, configuration, original manufacture or original intended use, does not meet the inspection standards of chapter 15, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s pollutant requirements or the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration’s crash testing standards and that is not a moped or motorcycle.”

B-Dog

I'm in Colorado. I sympathize.
Our roads here are ranked as some of the worst in the country, yet, they're making fruitless laws that cut back vehicle registrations. BRILLIANT!

Nomadic

That is a bunch of nonsense. I'm curious what the honest reason is that they are banned. RV's aren't crash tested. Get into an accident with one of them and they disintegrate all over the highway. They are completely unsafe to the occupants and everyone in the debris field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks