• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine RS maintenance center

springbok

My M998 was refurbished at the Maine RS maintenance center and it would be nice to see if they have and or will provide any records.
Does anyone have a contact up there or the best number to call prior to just taking a google shot in the dark at the various numbers listed.
Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have the records. Just be very nice to them and say please and thank you a lot. Don't ruin it for the rest that come after you, as those who went before you haven't ruined it for you and the rest.

m38inmaine

I talked with a friend who worked in the paint shop in Limestone and he said they no longer have the contract to refurb and they are pretty much done. If you want any info don't drag your feet.

springbok

I spoke to them yesterday and they were really helpful. However they no longer have access to the system that listed all the work done on any of the reman HUMVEEs.
What I was told is that EVERY HUMVEE that they did was given a body off restore. New or remaned motor and drive train. Upgraded brakes and seat belts. Upgraded prop shafts.
The average cost was around $35/$45K per unit.
As far as data plates on the body, you can't trust them. If the original was missing or lost they used one from a known Unit that was scrapped.
Needless to say, they did a great deal of work on them and if you are lucky to get one that went through there the chances that you got a good one are pretty high.

Maine Mutt

I was up that way a few weeks back and next week I'll be there again. They still have about 50-80 vehicles of all different humvee models. Some cab variants are laying around too. Not sure where and when they might all leave there though.