• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance Work "Lubricating" and "Greasing" - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 Diesel

Elektroman99

Hello Steel Soldier Community,

I hope for your help. I know that in the TM the different lubrications are described via grease fittings. When I first looked at the TM I stumbled across it right away and now I can't find it in the mass of TM and PDF files I have collected.

In which TM does it say when to lubricate what after what interval.
If someone would like to be very helpful, can they possibly photograph me the photos of the grease nipples on the M1009 (standard version) as I don't know exactly what they would look like. (So whoever lubricates next time, might as well take photos...).

So it's a "double" question:
  • In which TM / PDF and where there (page number) can I find information on interval-dependent manual lubrication - usually via grease nipples?
  • Can someone post photos of the grease nipples and points in this thread?

-> I am not in this thread about oil changes from the differentials, automatic transmission and engine.

Best regards
Elektroman99

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I hope for your help. I know that in the TM the different lubrications are described via grease fittings. When I first looked at the TM I stumbled across it right away and now I can't find it in the mass of TM and PDF files I have collected.

In which TM does it say when to lubricate what after what interval.
If someone would like to be very helpful, can they possibly photograph me the photos of the grease nipples on the M1009 (standard version) as I don't know exactly what they would look like. (So whoever lubricates next time, might as well take photos...).

So it's a "double" question:
  • In which TM / PDF and where there (page number) can I find information on interval-dependent manual lubrication - usually via grease nipples?
  • Can someone post photos of the grease nipples and points in this thread?

-> I am not in this thread about oil changes from the differentials, automatic transmission and engine.

Best regards
Elektroman99
Here you go

Elektroman99

Thank you very much, that's exactly what it was.
Now a question... pro active I had gotten me an extra grease gun for grease nipple lubrication.
Now I read mostly "Filler Plug" and "Drain Plug", which would mean that you - for example - the differential should always change completely. So "old oil out" and "new oil" in.

Unfortunately, my car is some km away in a "Oldtimer Garage" stands, the M1009 has grease nipples, right?

Could someone post a simple photo here, so that I know roughly how these look at the M1009?

Elektroman99

A Simple question, the TM for maintenance and lubrication of the vehicle shows me more places to lubricate than that I can find "grease nipples" on the steering linkage?

How should be lubricated there, not with the grease gun. I am particularly concerned here with The C-Hup bracket of the wheel carrier. Here the description also refers to lubrication, but I could not find a grease nipple there on my vehicle. Is lubricated differently here?

20230730_193422.jpg 20230730_193429.jpg Schmierung.JPG

Best regards
Elektroman99

cucvrus

If it were mine, I would pull the front axles and closely check the outer axle U joints. They look a little rough. And if I went that far I would replace the ball joints. Just an idea. Take Care. The upper and lower ball joints on the m1009 have no grease fittings from new. Replacement parts may or may not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks