• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a Deuce a (better) highway vehicle?

ToddJK

Dear ToddJK, I am wondering how your fuel injector pump feels about used motor oil? Are all your fuel filters up to spec?
It's been starting up everytime with no issues and I change the filters annually. I just have to add gas to thin it out a little and in the winter, I run 40/60 oil and diesel. I was running wmo mixed with jet fuel but I'm all out of jet fuel but until then....

ToddJK

I knew a Deuce owner-Police- friend who got permission from the airport to use thier otherwise disposed of "test" jet fuel. He burned it straight! I remember him showing it to me in the can...frightening stuff...
Jet fuel burns great! Imo, it was better than diesel but also not as volatile as gas. The stuff I had was clear and seemed dry so I mixed it with wmo. Truck had some power with that stuff!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello ToddJK, you are reminding me of something I used to beware of when I burned different mixtures, namely: EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE. Im not remembering now but, there is a limit not to exceed or something bad happens. Do you know what happens with high exhaust gas temperatures?

ToddJK

Hello ToddJK, you are reminding me of something I used to beware of when I burned different mixtures, namely: EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE. Im not remembering now but, there is a limit not to exceed or something bad happens. Do you know what happens with high exhaust gas temperatures?
Yes, its coming back to me: piston temperature. They are made of aluminum and cannot be allowed to go abce 1200 *F
Yes sir. If I remember right, I believe it was JP-5, pretty much like Kerosene. I don't have an egt gauge yet, I also haven't adjusted the fuel or tampered with the IP/FDC. A gauge is definitely on the to do list of things to add, but I haven't been too concerned over it, I don't haul heavy loads or push the truck very hard. The hardest I've been on it was at Haspin Acres and that was nothing short of a blast.

I've melted a piston before too, but that was a blown head gasket issue and I pushed it too hard so that happened. Wasn't fun to rebuild and replace either but that was also just running diesel fuel, no wmo or anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks