• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a Dolly Converter

jkelly66

RE: Update on the M 200A1 Dolly Converter

that looks like a air opperated slider to me if so you could put it where you want it and lock it down or run air to the cylinder and have a valve to open and close it than you could adjust it where ever when ever. It has been a long time since I have seen a manual sliding 5th wheel the ones we used comercialy way back when had a set of pins that whent down to lock it in. I do work for a company that has some in the junk pile as we call it they usualy auction the junk pile about once a year if anyone is interested. (the complete converter dolly that is)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Update on the M 200A1 Dolly Converter

It is in fact an old manual slider I nearly fainted when I found it since I used to work as a truck mechanic on the B3 connector of the New York Thru way and had to fix several of them for drivers that came into the shop. I did some welding on the frame when I got home tonight and will probably finish it up tomorrow if I get an early start and the weather is good. I am quite sure the longer wheelbase of the M200A1 will give me a good towing converter and hope to pick up an M 127 to haul my tools and guns with if the state or local government here gets any idea about taking any of my guns away. With the upcoming democratic stonghold we may all be faced with getting away from them.

Mike_Pop

David,

Have you completed building your dolly? I made the one that Cabell posted out of an M105 frame. I added 1/2" steel plating to the frame for strength. I bolted and welded the fifth wheel onto that. If you need more photos, I can send you some. I used the dolly to pick up an M118 trailer and hauled it 500 miles without any problems. I even was able to back down Cabell's driveway with the setup. Not bad for having two pivot points. I eventually gave my homemade dolly to a friend of mine who uses it behind his deuce to tow an office trailer.

Mike Pop

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks