• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a M200 into a water trailer?

Josh

I'm looking to buy a m200 trailer from Aaron and turn it into a water trailer for watering a motocross track and/or an oh ****, we lit something on fire we need to put it out trailer. When full it would be for offroad use only, and towed by a D6 or larger dozer. I'm figuring a 1000 gallon tank. What do ya think? Think I could go bigger on the tank?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With the trialer's capacity yes, with the COG, I doubt it. Alot of guys say the stock water buffalos flip over when more than half full.

Josh

With the trialer's capacity yes, with the COG, I doubt it. Alot of guys say the stock water buffalos flip over when more than half full.

Is that at highway speeds or crawlling around a 3mph? Most of the access roads are actually pretty smooth gravel roads. Didnt think of a COG. May have to look into that.

NEIOWA

The water buffalo does have reputation for rolling. BUT as a vol FF I'll tell you way more tankers are found wheels up due to slosh/surge of water in unbaffled tanks. Not just an on road problem.

It's not just the CG that gets you. If you're near the tip point and water sloshs over you go. All the water buffallos I had in the 80s/90s had no bafflees so easy to clean/sanitize.

If you keep 101% full then if can' slosh. Much. so less of a risk. DO NOT FAIL TO ADD BAFFLES IF GOING OFF ROAD.

NEIOWA

I'm looking to buy a m200 trailer from Aaron and turn it into a water trailer for watering a motocross track and/or an oh ****, we lit something on fire we need to put it out trailer. When full it would be for offroad use only, and towed by a D6 or larger dozer. I'm figuring a 1000 gallon tank. What do ya think? Think I could go bigger on the tank?
M200 is a 2.5ton trailer (5000lb). 1000gal of H2O is 8200lb + tank. Figure 10000lb load. Off road?.

Josh

By offroad, I mean gravel type roads. Like maintained roads in a national forest. Also I should say this would be on private property, I was mostly courious if anyone else had done this to a M200. And since its towing vehicle weighs a good 15 tons, I dont think the trailer is going to push it around.