• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MAN KAT1 parts

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon folks, I am looking at and considering buying an Ex German Military Man Kat1 4x4 truck. The truck has 21K original miles and has the air cooled V-8 Diesel engine, all in all the truck is in very nice shape and I would like to purchase it all except for one thing, WHERE CAN I GET PARTS? I have so far searched the web and have come up with nothing in the USA for a parts source, have found a couple in the UK but they will not ship overseas, does anybody out there have any good ideas on where a person may be able to get parts for a truck like this? I dont speak German so I would have to have an English speaking person to talk to place an order and I dont mind buying from overseas if they are a reliable parts source, and ideas would sure be appreciated, and the truck is a 1987 model year.
Thanks for your ideas on this subject.

Karl

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbour, Sarge, has an 8x8. He has to get all his parts out of Germany, but luckily he speaks fluent German. The parts are pretty expensive themselves, then shipping is usually as much as the part (or more). I can ask him for his source (since he doesn't get on here much anymore) and post it for you.

Great trucks, but not ones to be taken on lightly.

Cheers

59apache

Chipmaker
KAT's are great! On labour day i had the opportunity to ride shotgun (off road) in a KAT1....great! No comparison to deuce - sorry.
They are thirsty. Expect 7,8mpg or less.
Motor parts aren't a problem, but many parts have export restrictions.
It has a torque converter clutch (Wandlerschaltkupplung) that works good, but if it fails, repair is extremly expensiv.
You can't step on the throttle until the clutch is fully released. If you can, somebody removed the lock and maybe ruined the troque converter.
Hands off!

My german is fairly good, so if i can help, i'll do.

Jim Hunter

These are the first generation KAT1...
Nice capable truck, try to get one with the Rotzler winch.
I also have sources in Germany for parts.
I do hold an export license for ex-military parts but very few of the KAT1 parts needs that.

Jim

AlexH

In germany you can simple get parts via your local MAN dealer, which should also work out of germany. Everywhere you find a MAN dealer, you should get parts. Of course the stuff is pricy, but at least you get parts in decent quality.

Cantos

Hi,
if you tell me what you are searching for, I can ask for the price.
The only problem is the engine it´s an Deutz engine, an Deutz was sold by IVECO. I don´t know if MAN parts fits on these engine type.

Migginsbros

Good Afternoon folks, I am looking at and considering buying an Ex German Military Man Kat1 4x4 truck. The truck has 21K original miles and has the air cooled V-8 Diesel engine, all in all the truck is in very nice shape .

Karl
Karl, did you purchased the Kat? We just won an auktion for a 1977 Kat1 4x4 , 5Ton
We plan to transfer the vehicle from Fehmarn to Berlin on wheels.
It seem like it is maintenanced due to using it as a civil protection vehicle 5 years after the army.
Any tip/hints?

Greatings,

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it sounds like you guys got a SCORE I bet that is a beautiful truck!!! I am sorry to say I have not bit off on yet, they are somewhat hard to find in the US and I dont want to import one because of all the regulations. Please take pictures and let me know what you think of the truck I am for now going to have to depend on you for information, Good luck with it and I look forward to hearing more!!!
Karl

Migginsbros

Karl, two weeks ago we purchased our Kat1 4x4.
The truck runs great. We had a good time. Here is the roadtrip thread.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?183374-Fehmarn-to-Berlin-300-miles-on-wheels
We had to clean the external diesel heater feed line now the heater runs great. On our way we buy a canopy.
Great. Now we need to go to the officials to get the truck registered as a historic vehicle. It saves money for taxes and insurance.
Greetings from
Berlin
IMG_7661.jpg IMG_7666.jpg

Migginsbros

I have the parts book pdf . But a short search shows that are some different design for ex. for the fuel filters.
The pdf is to big for upload and I don´t know how to zip.:unsure:

IMP

I have the parts book pdf . But a short search shows that are some different design for ex. for the fuel filters.
The pdf is to big for upload and I don´t know how to zip.:unsure:
have found the fuel filters at the auto parts Wix 33195 now we are down to the oil filters ! this is a truck that came with all fluids drained

Migginsbros

Oilfilter is a unusual long one(pair) and should be :

Motorölfilter - MANN W962

Artikelnummer:

W962

OEM-Vergleichsnummer*:
565W962, LF4054, VPD5032, 8002006, 451105067, 3055270R91, 3059247R91, 3136406R91, 3136460R91, 50100664, K150521K, P1350575, V37624, 13022760, F284.201.210.040, F284201310040, LF4045, LF4054, 82DF6714AA, A730X6714FA, TAC115561, WD8T6731B, AZ22878

Tony M2H

Hello, did you ever get a parts list or user/service manual for a Man Kat 1 7 t? We have 2 of them in Africa and looking for parts lists and places to purchase parts as needed. Any help is appreciated!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks