• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manhattan Auction

m.walker

Went to the Manhattan auction got a bridge truck and a civilain F750 tractor . The bridge truck has a 671 detroit thats worn out swapped in and its been modified ( not so well I might add ! ). Look at the civilian grill shell , radiator and headlights cobbled on ! and the rear fenders .My friend needed the body and I wanted the chassis . The F750 is very low miles and was at an army base in Parsons , Kansas to haul explosives and mortar rounds , and then used by a fire dept. The data plates are still inside , also found the folders describing hauling explosives on the base . Does anyone know what kind of lights were on the front ? I'm gonna redo it back to like when it was in the army .

Attachments

M1075

Yeah, go for it! Got any pics of the PLS setup you found? Did you end up buying it? Is it part of the poor mans HEMTT?

m.walker

The PLS arm went too high , I'll probably mount the cab and other axle then leave it for a while till I get more parts . I think a dropside bed would look good , 2 1/2 or 5 ton depends on how long a bed will fit after drivetrain is put in . Still up in the air on the motor but it will be an auto trans.

I didn't take a pic of the front because it's butt ugly , next time I'm up there I'll snap a pic.

I've already got a 5 ton but I've always loved HEMTT's just couldn't afford one .One piece at a time ( insert johny cash song here ) !

Does anyone know what kind of lights were on the front of the F750 ? I'm thinking flashing red lights like a school bus because of it hauling explosives ? Does anyone have pics or even pics of any tractor that hauled explosives to give me an idea of what it might 've had on it ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks